Thank you for visiting the Thompson's® WaterSeal® Aerosol Waterproofing Wood and Masonry Protectors recall registration page.
The Thompson’s Company, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada, has announced a voluntary recall of the following aerosol products:
- Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofing Wood Protector in aerosol cans sold in the U.S. (SKU TH.041800-18)
- Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Signature Series in aerosol cans sold in the U.S. (SKU TH.091800-18)
- Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofer Plus Wood Protector in aerosol cans sold in the U.S. (SKU TH.011800-18)
- Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofer Plus Masonry Protector in aerosol cans sold in the U.S. (SKU TH.023100-18)
- Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofing Wood Protector in aerosol cans sold in Canada (SKU THC.041800-18)
This recall only affects the aerosol versions of the identified products and does not affect any other Thompson’s® WaterSeal® product.
Aerosol container contents may react with the package, causing pinhole leaks that could expose the contents to the environment. Leaking aerosol propellant can result in a potential fire hazard if the cans are improperly stored near sources of ignition. If you have one or more of these products, please immediately stop using the products.
To register for a refund, you must:
- Upload a picture of the bottom of the can as proof of purchase.
- Certify that you have disposed of the aerosol container in accordance with all local requirements.
- Provide your full name, address, email address and telephone number to receive a refund. We will use your contact information to administer this recall. Please allow approximately 6-8 weeks to process your refund.
Thompson’s WaterSeal Recall Registration